What is Augmented reality?
Augmented Reality (AR) is a technology that allows you to display 3D / 2D content in real time, technically overlaying it on top of physical objects (the real world).
Augmented reality is a technology of supplemental content that helps people, anywhere and anytime, show more information visually than they can see in the physical world. Additional content usually appears in 3D.
Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) should not be confused. In augmented reality content “lives” with the real world, while virtual reality is 360 content that completely replaces the real world.
Augmented reality (AR) lives in a smartphone.
Augmented reality works through smart devices and is available in almost every smartphone. You can use the AR function directly in the browser (on the website), through mobile applications, social networks (Facebook, Instagram) or equipment (AR Mirror).
What is the most important thing for a successful AR project?
Content. Augmented reality applications, social networks, website or hardware are only platforms for displaying content in real time and in a real place.
How does a business use Augmented reality?
Business uses augmented reality in marketing, training, points of sale, and events. AR is also an excellent tool for loyalty and gamification programs.
The most common business uses for Augmented Reality are:
- AR packaging is an interactive form of communication, conducted directly by packaging on behalf of the entire brand. A brand in an interactive form provides information about the composition of its product, gives a useful recipe, offers to try and thereby, through additional content, sells a product or service.
- Possibility of 3D-visualization of goods until the moment of direct purchase This is a visual 3D test in real time, which allows you not only to “try on” the product visually, but also through emotions to increase the chance of a purchase by up to 60%.
- A game that in augmented reality allows you to interactively unite consumers around the brand. The main focus is on brand engagement time, which is so important in the battle for consumer attention.
- Recreate historical architecture digitally with content in AR. An important social story that your favorite brand can also help immerse in.
- Advertising polygraphy, which turns into interactive content in the format of a video or 3D animation, which allows you to convey information to the audience in a deeper and more detailed way.
- Photo zones and invitations with augmented reality at events, which engages the guests of the evening in interactive and keeps the focus of their attention. Involves taking photos, videos and sharing vivid photos on your social networks.
Augmented reality is applicable to every area of business!